Friday, April 12, 2013

Melbourne Cup Nuku'alofa Club

OK, holiday over and its back to the Tongan activities. First up the Melbourne Cup Carnival, and as usual it started with a calcutta the night before. Just another chance to dress up and spend money really! This year Anny and I bought a horse called "Mauluckyday" and we certainly hoped it would be that way for us. Unfortunately, it wasn't the winning horse on the day, but we had lots of fun anyway.


Anny and I with our horse.

A little play with the ponies for good luck.

My turn for a stroll on the cat walk for Fashions of the Field. I won this year and got $100 thanks to our good friends Digicel Tonga.

The crowd watching the rest of the fashions.

The girls all dressed up for the day.

I also won myself this dashing little scotsman.

Rochelle and I.

Anny, Rochelle and yours truely.

Lyndon and I with Christa and Attie.

Anne, Anny, Tori, Amy and myself.

Our taxi driver Sal, having a rest stop on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment