Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lyndon's Oz visit for VOEA SAVEA's LEP - Townsville

Lyndon took off to Oz for a month to finish off some work on the last of the Tongan Patrol boats. I arrived after safe in Townsville after an enjoyable 13hr flying time. Luckly I was put up in the Quest appartments near the centre of town. Our boat was conducting refit at Ross Haven Marina, a 6mth refit and due to return home in March. During my time in town I squeezed in the floods from Brisbane (which stopped food deliveries north due to flooded roads) then we had our own heavy rainfall which again flooded the place, followed by Cyclone Anthony to the south then Cyclone Yasi a lot closer to the north. Nothing like living in cyclone alley and I thought we coped it bad out on the Island. It was good to eat out and hit the shops although most of it was under directions from Jodie to restock for our next two years in Tonga. As this may be our last visit to Oz in a while.

The first view of SAVEA ready to hit the water in 8 weeks???

The bridge at week 6.

The steering gear room with a few extra windows.

The lattest in propulsion mod's! Can you see the legs hanging out of the boat? The fitters cut a hole in the bottom for easier access.

A quick and very wet visit to see the old house and Chris. Such a green thumb until you get close and notiuce the weeds. But your doing a stella job Chris, keep it up.

Chris and his favourite toy. His little brothers truck.

No trip would be complete without an unannounced visit to the Cross tribe and how the kids have shot up.

Nothing but Blue skies????????

On my second last day Soupy turned up to meet his boat INDEPENDANCE from FSM which is to be the last vessel to enter the LEP program. Quiet proud of his boat and team.

The trouble makers on my last day with the Tongan trouble maker behind us. Looks very similar to the first day I arrived but they told me it will be ready on time?
My last night in town was Soupy's first as he arrived the night before but was falling asleep in his beer. I was no better and he and Sam nearly had to pour me onto the plane at 0500 that morning after very little sleep. The joys of catchin up with friends. We where both saying over many beers that night that we thinking Jodie and Nic are very lucky we didn't end up on the same Island??

No comments:

Post a Comment